# About Shrewsbury Christian Academy
Shrewsbury Christian Academy is a non-denominational, community Christian school serving families within southern York county, Pennsylvania as well as northern Harford and Baltimore counties, Maryland. SCA is governed by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees, consisting of parents and local business people, which is vested with the management of the business affairs of the school.
SCA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and it is fully supported through the tuition which families pay as well as through generous donations from churches, businesses and individuals. Donations of materials, services, property, stock/bonds, and cash are always welcome. Donations are tax deductible to the extent granted by state and federal law.
Since the school's founding as Christian School of Southern York County, the academically qualified teachers at SCA have been committed to investing in the lives of the students which we serve to help those students mature spiritually, academically, socially and physically.
Dallastown, Red Lion, South Eastern, South Western and Southern school districts within York county provide public school bus transportation to SCA students at no charge.
Call us at (717) 235-5763 or submit our online contact form to learn more about the school, our standards of excellence & passion for Christ, and the admissions process.
# Vision Statement
Achieving excellence in knowledge and faith.
# Mission Statement
Educating students in a Christian environment that reveals God’s ultimate purpose for their lives.
# Statement of Faith
- We believe in the divine inspiration, infallibility, and the final authority of the Bible as the Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe in the Triune God, eternally existent as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19-20; II Corinthians 13:14; I John 5:4-7)
- We believe in the uniqueness of man, by virtue of his special creation in God's image. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 139:13-16)
- We believe in Jesus Christ as true man and true God; in His unique Deity as the incarnate, virgin-born Son of God. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-3, 14; I Peter 2:21-24)
- We believe in the representative and substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ as the necessary atonement for our sins. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, through Whom we come to faith in Christ and Who enables us daily to grow in grace. (Luke 7:50; 18:42; John 3:15; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, and that blessed hope, His personal return. (Matthew 16:21; 17:9; John 11:25; Philippians 1:10)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost. (Acts 24:15; II Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:41-46)
- We believe that marriage is sanctioned exclusively by God which joins one man and one woman as a single union in holy matrimony. (Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
Shrewsbury Christian Academy partners with the home and church to provide an atmosphere in which the whole child may grow toward full God-given potential and to assist the home and church in developing the child's personal philosophy in each of the following areas:
# Spiritual Growth 2 Tim. 3:16-17Rom. 3:23Rom. 6:23Acts 17:31John 3:3
- The student will understand that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, the source of doctrine, and the guide for daily living.
- The student will know the basic tenets of the Christian faith as listed in our school “Statement of Faith.”
- The student will be encouraged to make a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, honor Him as Lord and Savior, and seek to know and do the will of God.
- The student will formulate a personal Christian world/life view, which will be integrated into every area of life.
# Intellectual Development I Cor. 11:72 Tim. 2:15Luke 2:52Deut. 6:4-9
- The student will learn the skills for effective critical thinking, comprehension, communication, and computation.
- The student will develop creative thinking and appreciation of the arts and sciences.
- The student will understand the integration of Biblical principles as seen in all areas of study in the development of a Christian work/life view.
# Physical Improvement I Cor. 6:19I Tim. 4:8Prov. 4:20-22John 9:1-3
- The student will understand that the body is the temple of God; the importance of a balanced diet, exercise, rest and abstinence from harmful substances.
- The student will learn to apply Biblical principles in sportsmanship and in all athletic endeavors.
- The student will understand the qualities of loyalty, enthusiasm, and discipline in building an effective team/group endeavor.
- The student will develop physical coordination and skillful use of the body.
# Emotional Stability Col. 4:5Gal. 5:22-23
- The student will learn to apply Biblical principles in handling failure, success, stress, and emotions.
- The student will know that each individual is a unique person of worth because each is a special creation of God and a recipient of His love.
- The student will learn to apply Biblical principles in developing and accepting a realistic, wholesome self-image.
# Social Maturity Matt. 5:13-16Psalm 133:1-3I John 1:7
- The student will develop proper attitudes, and exhibit respect for authority and for the rights and feelings of others.
- The student will develop self-discipline and responsibility based on submission to God and those in authority.
- The student will develop a Biblical understanding of family, good citizenship, and patriotism, and will assume responsibilities to home, church, community, and country.
# What is a Christian School?
It is a non-public, privately funded school which gives instruction in all subjects normally taught in private and public schools, and which seeks at all times to give a central place to the Bible and Christian truth.
# Why have a Christian School?
The Word of God provides our answer:Deuteronomy 6:6 & 7
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your hearts and you shall teach them diligently to your children.
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.
A Christian school exists so that a child may be led into a close relationship with God through a sound educational program. Education must do more than prepare us for life on this earth; it must begin to develop in us a Biblical worldview by which we see God’s handiwork in all things.
# Why is a Christian School unique?
The power of God in the Holy Spirit through the Word is the force which enables it to accomplish its purpose. A special student-teacher relationship exists. The Christian educator sees each child as someone for whom Christ died. All phases of learning are directed toward a single goal: Life in Christ.